Friday, June 26, 2009

Pesto Pasta with Sugar Snap Peas


A friend asked for a recommendation for a "good picnic friendly, bike hardy vegan entree," and I believe this is it. This was the very first recipe from my very first CSA newsletter in 2007 (scroll to the bottom of page two). We could eat this nearly every day. It is hardy yet not too heavy or hot on a 90 degree day. It can be made in the time it takes to cook the pasta, and you even have time to whip up a salad, as well.

People of all ages will eat this. Even my baby - who turned one today (ah!) - loves it. It won't get weird during a bike ride. It even tastes great at room temperature, so you don't need to fret over it cooling down a bit.

My only changes to the recipe include NOT using the parmesan, and I like to reserve about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the pasta's cooking water. After draining the pasta and peas, I place the reserved water in the empty pot then add the pesto. Mix it around to get a smoother pesto. Then return pasta and peas to the pot, as well, and fully combine.

Eat large servings of this. It is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment