Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Iced Tea....Still Experimenting


'Tis the season for iced tea. I love coffee. I love cold press on these warm days, but I'm trying to focus on weaning myself from coffee...just a bit. I'm starting with a good two or three days a week without coffee.

A year ago, when Aksel was a mighty large baby still in my belly, I began drinking iced raspberry leaf tea. I kept reading in book after book how raspberry leaf tea has so many tremendous benefits throughout pregnancy and lactation.

Now, I am experimenting to make my favorite iced citrus green tea. A few weeks ago, I had such a thing at the Riverview Cafe and LOVED IT! I started with orange as my first citrus to infuse, which I enjoyed. But, I think it could be better. I plan to experiment with lemon and lime next, as well as a combination of all three.

INGREDIENTS:
4 green tea bags
2 quarts of water
citrus of your choice

Bring to a boil two quarts of water. Steep the tea bags as long as you desire - as little as 10 to 15 minutes or until the water cools to room temperature. When the water cools to room temperature transfer to a storage container and place in refrigerator. To serve, pour individual glasses and add a thick slice of citrus squeezing the juice as you drop it in. Serve over ice.

p.s. Lemon is AWESOME in iced raspberry leaf tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment